Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving






Thanksgiving is a time to think about all the blessings in your life and to thank God for those blessings. When times are tough, with layoffs and the problems with the stock market and high prices on necessities and so forth, it can seem overwhelming and you wonder if your life is blessed or not. But, if you look closely at what is truly important, you will see that your blessings far outnumber your troubles.

What am I thankful for? First of all, my relationship with God. Without my faith I never would have made it through those tough times in life, nor would I really be able to appreciate the wonderful blessings I have had. I am thankful for my incredible children. I am thankful for my loving parents,  siblings, aunts and uncles. I am thankful for my home and my farm. The precious animals that have been intrusted into my care. I am thankful for my health, and the health of my children and family. I am thankful that I live in a country where I can be a farmer, or a teacher, or anything I would like to be. I am thankful that I have food on the table, insurance to see a doctor when I'm sick, a warm bed to sleep in, and a car to drive. There is so much to be thankful for. My life is far from perfect, but it is a truly blessed life.

As for the rest of Thanksgiving- The turkey was great! Gobbles (our pet turkey) was glad he wasn't on the menu, LOL. The animals all had their special Thanksgiving meal (their grain mixed with chopped carrots, mashed pumpkin, molasses and oats).

No comments: